Terms and Conditions of Singapore Airlines’ Prize Ticket for
Christchurch Cancer Society Ball 2019 auction
1. The prize ticket has no commercial value and cannot be sold or converted into cash.
2. The Prize is one return Business Class ticket for the prizewinner and one for a companion for
travel from Christchurch to any destination on the Singapore Airlines network, excluding
Australia (Melbourne is permitted) and the Americas. The companion must accompany the
prizewinner on all flights. Flights must depart and return to Christchurch.
3. The ticket is valid for travel departing during the period from 01 June 2019 to 31 May 2020.
This excludes our peak travel period to 06 July 2019 to 21 July 2019, 28 September 2019 to 13
October 2019,14 December 2019 to 07 February 2020 and 11 April 2020 to 26 April 2020. All
travel must be completed by 31 May 2020.
4. All travel must be booked on Singapore Airlines operated aircraft, codeshare flights are not
5. The ticket is non-transferable, non-reroutable and non-endorsable. Any unused portion must
be returned to Singapore Airlines Office for cancellation.
6. Singapore Airlines may impose flight embargoes during periods of heavy demand as is
required commercially from time to time, without prior notice.
7. The issuance of tickets is subject to seat availability.
8. The ticket will only be issued if all sectors are confirmed.
9. Excess baggage waivers will not be granted.
10. Prizewinners are responsible for any government and airport taxes related to their tickets.
11. The ticket is not valid for any frequent flyer point accrual or upgrades.
12. By accepting this prize, the Prizewinner and their selected travel companion consent
Singapore Airlines to book their travel under the same passenger booking record (PNR).
13. Once the ticket is issued, requests for changes of passengers’ names and traveling sectors
made two working days or less before the date of travel will be subjected to Singapore Airline’s
approval and upon approval, a cancellation charge of NZD$75.00 per change will be levied.
14. The prizewinner will undertake to pay for any transportation costs to and from departure points,
or transfers to and from airports or hotels and personal insurance. Passport, visa and re-entry
permit are the responsibility of the prizewinner.
15. Singapore Airlines Stopover package is not eligible for prizewinner bookings.
General Conditions of Travel
1. Travelers are expected to observe the following conditions as part of the utilization of travel:
a. Be neatly and appropriately attired when traveling;
b. Not carry, on their person, in their luggage or carry-on baggage, any contraband or goods
which are prohibited by the laws of Singapore or the country of their destination, or goods
which are unsuitable for carriage on a commercial aircraft;
c. Observe all directions of Singapore Airline’s ground staff and air crew at all times;
d. Charges for excess baggage shall apply where a passenger seeks to carry more than their
entitlement of luggage. In such cases, SIA is not liable for the charges.
e. Comply with the requirements of immigration and customs authorities in each country;
f. Comply with the laws of the jurisdiction they are visiting.
2. Prizewinners must hold valid passports with a minimum of 6 months validity at time of travel. Prizewinners must organize their own visas and requisite travel documentation (such as relevant valid international drivers’ licenses) for trips and any visa or passport charges are their sole responsibility. Singapore Airlines cannot be held responsible for the winner being unable to anticipate in the travel prize due to visa or other restrictions. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such travel documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveler/s. At all times, it will be the responsibility of the traveler to ensure that his/her passport is in order and that he/she has the necessary visa clearances to enter the country of destination and, if required, any transit point.